Sponsorship




There are many, many children who still do not have a sponsor. Chris and I have taken on the responsibility to find sponsors for 5 children in Kenya this past month. I am happy to say that because of you and God, we have successfully matched 2 boys with sponsors and we have 2 other people who are considering sponsoring 2 of the other children. However, there is still one more child who is available for sponsorship: Jane Kanini Njiru. She is a 12 year old and her birthday is July 27th ... the day that Chris and I met online! In her home, she helps by carrying water, caring for children and caring for animals. Since I have been to Kenya, I have seen how hard these jobs can be. "Carrying water" may sound easy to us, because we don't understand that sometimes this job involves waking up at 4 a.m. every day to walk 9 miles on dusty, rocky roads carrying heavy jugs of water for hours. While in Kenya, I learned from my own sponsored child, Antony, that his own family did not have clean water. However, he showed me a photo of how Compassion International helped provide them with access to clean water. I am hoping that one of you would be kind enough to sponsor Jane Kanini Njiru so that her family can have the same kind of assistance that my sponsored child has through Compassion International. If you are interested, please contact either Chris or me. My email is elizabethmarvin84@yahoo.com ... Thank you! I have included a photo of the meter that was installed to initiate the water project for Antony's family. I have also included a photo of me with my sponsored child, and of Jane Kanini Njiru who is patiently waiting for a sponsor!

No comments:

Post a Comment