3-25-2012







This morning we experienced a great worship time Kenyan style! The pastor spoke about a missions trip they took to Thailand, and some people from World Vision were at the service as well. It's interesting to think of people from other countries coming to America to do missions work, or Kenyan's going to Thailand to reach people for Christ. I think I learned something profound on this trip though. I think that something amazing spiritually is going on in Africa, much like my experiences in Nashville, TN but in a totally different way. Wherever you go, you see billboards reading "God is good," "Jesus is Lord." There are churches and ministries all over the cities. It seems that the poorer areas transcend poverty. They are materially poor, but they have so much joy, thankfulness, compassion, and generosity. This is so drastically different from American culture. We have everything we need. We have so much that we don't feel the need to lean on God. We lean on ourselves, on our possessions, and on our abilities and our pride. The Kenyan's we have met throughout this journey have taught me patience, and have shown me that worrying does not solve anything. Hakuna Matata. No problem, no worries. It's a peace that goes beyond understanding. I've witnessed such great hearts and minds for Christ. Such a great example of what it is to live out what I talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment